Thursday, December 28, 2006

Error "COMMITTAL NOT ALLOWED." - Capture 4.1

Problem :
I have designed a python application(run as a service) for automating Capture Process. I used FileNet capture components.This application was built to perform all the steps staring with FileImport then Assembly,Indexing and finally Commit.The documentclass which I was using has 2 required fields.I was setting the values for the mandatory index fields in code but it was just opening the Index window and waiting for user to manually index the batch.In code there was Commit step after Indexing. As indexing window was not getting closed automatically so Indexing was not completed. And just after I was executing commit component and getting error "COMMITTAL NOT ALLOWED.All documents in the batch have not been indexed.".
solution :
I analize the problem and came to know that I was not checking 'Process documents using initial values above (i.e without user input)' option of Indexing component. Once I checked it and again started application It has started working

No comments: